Wednesday, 20th January
- Nar Valley Federation of Church Academies»
- Sporle Primary Academy»
- Our Learning»
- Kingfisher Class»
- SCHOOL CLOSURE TASKS»
- Wednesday, 20th January»
Welcome to Wednesday's learning tasks!
Spellings: Rule 20: ‘ous’ or ‘ious’ suffixes
On the spelling frame website, go to year 5 and 6 spelling rule 37. Practise the spellings and take the test. Please let your teacher know your score through Class Dojo.
Encourage pupils to practise their times tables by clicking on the link below. This will give 10 questions based around recall of the times tables facts.
- Click on the daily 10 image.
- At the top of the page, you should see 3 ‘choose’ tabs
- 1st tab: Choose level 4 (year 4) or level 5 (year 5)
- 2nd tab: Multiplication, Choose mixed tables up to x12
- Then you should see a range of question intervals at the bottom of the page…try starting with 7 seconds to begin with.
- Upload your score to dojo to let your teacher know how you got on.
You could also try selecting division to practice using your knowledge of times tables to solve related division questions.
White Rose Maths
Note: this week there are separate lessons for year 4 and year 5 children.
Year 4: Multiply 3 digits by 1 digit.
Watch the video below to help you understand the method. Then, create 5 of your own maths questions with a 3-digit number multiplying a 1-digit number, for example 253 x 6. If you feel confident, try a 4-digit number multiplying a 1-digit number, for example 1,293 x 4. Use a calculator to work out your answer.
For fun - if you have a dice at home, you can roll it to create a number.
Year 5: Multiply 2 digits by 2 digits
Watch the video below to help you understand the method. Then, complete the worksheet below. Use a calculator to check to see if your answers are correct.
English: Revolting Recipes
This week, we are going to be creating our own revolting menus (we will write our final versions on Friday). We are going to be creating the most disgusting dishes we can think of and try to make them sound delicious.
To get you in the mood, click on the link below to watch a short clip about Fungus the bogeyman. What disgusting details did you notice?
Watch the video below on how to create an expanded noun phrase, then, using the word bank in the video (if you can't see this, there is also a word bank below attached) create 5 of your own expanded noun phrases that you can include in your own revolting menu.
Remember: a noun phrase is NOT a full sentence.
RE : How does Dharma influence how Hindus live?
Click on the link below to go to the oak academy lesson on how does Dharma influence how Hindus live?
- Watch the video lesson with Mr Hutchinson to learn what Dharma is, and how it affects the daily life of Hindus.
- Complete the exit quiz to see how much you have learned.
Share your score with your teacher on dojo to let them know how you got on.
Music: Bob Marley, Three little birds
Click on the link below to login to the YUMU website. (Children will need their login details).
- Type in your user name and password
- Click on Three little birds (Bob Marley)
- Click on Step 2
- Choose which activities to try by clicking on them (on the right hand side of the screen)