DAY 7 WEDNESDAY 13TH JANUARY
- Nar Valley Federation of Church Academies»
- Narborough Primary Academy»
- Our Learning»
- Otter Class»
- DAY 7 WEDNESDAY 13TH JANUARY»
Your work for today is as follows:
Maths Warm Up – The Daily 10
- Go to the following website:
- Click on the Daily 10 image.
- At the top of the page, you should see 3 ‘Choose’ tabs
- 1st tab: Choose level 6 (Year 6).
- 2nd tab: Multiplication
- 3rd tab: Mixed tables up to x12
- You will then need to select how much time you want between each question.
- YOU NEED TO WRITE YOUR 10 ANSWERS DOWN ON PAPER.
- At the end of the quiz, you can check your answers.
- Do another Daily 10, this time picking Division [Mixed Division up to ¸12]
Maths Main Lesson
Today we will be continuing learning about numbers with up to 3 decimal places.
As usual you need to watch the White Rose teaching video before completing the worksheet which can be found in the attachments at the bottom of the page.
The maths explanation videos can be found on Class Dojo; the answer sheet is attached below.
**** Update**** As of next week I would like to move to a different type of English teaching which is led by me rather than the Oak Academy. Therefore, we need to bring this unit to an end by the end of the week. The final outcome for this unit will be a written setting description based upon the work completed over the last two weeks. There are 4 lessons left and only 3 days so on one day we need to double up – and I suggest that today is the day we do this!
Watch Lesson 7 in the Sherlock unit. In this lesson, there will be a recap of what a homophone is, you will revisit the 10 spelling words set and learn a spelling practice strategy. The 10 spelling words will also be tested at the end.
I would also like you to watch Lesson 8 in the Sherlock unit: To write a setting description (Part 1). In this lesson, you will bring together all of your learning so far to write the first paragraph of a setting description.
We are now moving onto Lesson 3 in our Geography topic on biomes. The enquiry question for this lesson is ‘What affects an ecosystem?’
In this lesson, you will be learning about the climatic factors and human activities that impact biomes and the ecosystems within them.
Ongoing Art / DT Project
It was great to see so many photos of your art projects yesterday. The egg box mouse was particularly popular. If you would like and have time, you can choose another art project from the booklet / website today. Please send us your photos on Dojo; your creations really brighten our day!