Friday 22nd January
- Nar Valley Federation of Church Academies»
- Narborough Primary Academy»
- Our Learning»
- Fox Class»
- January 2021 School Closure»
- Friday 22nd January»
Welcome to Friday!
Spellings: Rule 20: ‘ous’ or ‘ious’ suffixes
It’s test day. Watch the spelling test video on dojo to complete the spelling test.
Quick Write: Sick sentences
Look at the powerpoint below, to have a go at improving these sentences.
Hint: you could add adjectives to add detail (2A sentences), start the sentences with adverbs (fronted adverbials), start the sentences with an emotion, start the sentences with an ‘ing’ verb etc.
How many different improvements can you make?
Encourage pupils to practise their times tables by clicking on the link below. This will give 10 questions based around recall of the times tables facts.
- Click on the daily 10 image.
- At the top of the page, you should see 3 ‘choose’ tabs
- 1st tab: Choose level 4 (year 4) or level 5 (year 5)
- 2nd tab: Multiplication, Choose mixed tables up to x12
- Then you should see a range of question intervals at the bottom of the page…try starting with 7 seconds to begin with.
- Upload your score to dojo to let your teacher know how you got on.
You could also try selecting division to practice using your knowledge of times tables to solve related division questions.
White Rose Maths
Note: this week there are separate lessons for year 4 and year 5 children.
Year 4: Divide 2 digits by 1 digit
Click on the link below to watch the video tutorial about how to divide 2 digits by 1 digit.
Then, complete the worksheet below (Y4 Maths Divide 2 digits by 1 digit). You could print it off and write on the worksheet, or write the answers on paper/exercise book, but remember to number your answers clearly so your parents can check you are correct.
Parents: I have also uploaded the answer sheet (Y4 MATHS ANSWERS) for you to refer to.
Year 5: Divide 2 digits by 1 digit
Click on the link below to watch the video tutorial about dividing a 2 digit number by a 1 digit number.
Then, complete the worksheet below (Y5 Maths Multiply divide 2 digit by 1 digit). You could print it off and write on the worksheet, or write the answers on paper/exercise book, but remember to number your answers clearly so your parents can check you are correct.
Parents: I have also uploaded the answer sheet (Y5 MATHS ANSWERS) for you to refer to.
English: Revolting Menus
Today is the day for you to produce your final version of your menu. You will need to have:
- A name for your restaurant
- At least 3 different starters, 3 different mains and 3 different desserts on your menu.
- Each dish will need to have a name, and be followed by the description of each dish.
- How much will each dish cost?
- Also, think carefully about the presentation: how can you make your menu look eye-catching and appealing?
You could use the template below (menu template), or create your own. You may choose to complete your final version on a computer or writing it on paper. Upload your final version to dojo…Can you put your teacher off her food?
School Learners: D&T/Art/History:
Look at the information about Celtic roundhouses below, to explore what homes were like in Britain before the Romans. Can you design and make a 3D model of a Celtic roundhouse? Think creatively…can you re-use materials you would otherwise throw away?
Home Learners: Design technology: Foodie Friday!!!
My favourite day of the week, with my favourite task of the week! Get creative in the kitchen! Knock up a snack, as sweet treat, a healthy meal...whatever you fancy. Can you try to make something that involves careful measuring of ingredients (e.g. weighing/ capacity of liquids). Can’t wait to see some of your fabulous creations. Channel your inner chef/ bake-off contestant… (Extra bonus points may be awarded if you clean up after you too!)