Friday 8th January
- Nar Valley Federation of Church Academies»
- Narborough Primary Academy»
- Our Learning»
- Fox Class»
- January 2021 School Closure»
- Friday 8th January»
Today is spelling test day!
Use this link: https://spellingframe.co.uk/
- Click on year 3 and 4- rule 4 more prefixes
- Press ‘play’
- Click on practice/test
- Select ‘begin test’
- Listen to the sentences and type in the missing word
Narborough children: there is a spelling test video on class dojo for you to complete instead.
Encourage pupils to practise their times tables by clicking on the link below. This will give 10 questions based around recall of the times tables facts.
- Click on the daily 10 image.
- At the top of the page, you should see 3 ‘choose’ tabs
- 1st tab: Choose level 4 (year 4) or level 5 (year 5)
- 2nd tab: Multiplication, Choose mixed tables up to x12
- Then you should see a range of question intervals at the bottom of the page…try starting with 7 seconds to begin with.
- Upload your score to dojo to let your teacher know how you got on.
You could also try selecting division to practice using your knowledge of times tables to solve related division questions.
White Rose Maths: Counting squares (area)
Click on the link below to watch the video tutorial about how to count squares to find the area of a shape.
Then, complete the worksheet below (Maths counting squares). You could print it off and write on the worksheet, or write the answers on paper/exercise book, but remember to number your answers clearly so your parents can check you are correct.
Parents: I have also uploaded the answer sheet (MATHS ANSWERS) for you to refer to.
These interactive lessons are from the natural curriculum website. Clicking on the links will take you to the relevant webpage.
Show your teacher how you got on by uploading a photo/screenshot of your work to your profile on class dojo.
Year 4 and 5: Tigers
Writing task: Write an acrostic poem about a tiger.
Try to include some expanded noun phrases and interesting verbs to add detail. You could even include some similes and metaphors to up-skill your description.
Home Learners: It’s the return of Foodie Friday!!!
Get in the kitchen and prepare a tasty treat to celebrate the weekend. It could be sweet or savoury, snack or meal, cold or hot. Your choice! I know we have some potential chefs/ bake off champions, so be adventurous! Get your siblings involved (if you have any). I'd love to see photos of your creations.
School learners: D&T
Click on the link below to access craft ideas about tigers.
Choose one of the ideas to create yourself, or use your imagination and produce your own tiger inspired craft work/
Well done on making it to the end of your first week! Hope you have a great weekend!