Wednesday 13th January
- Nar Valley Federation of Church Academies»
- Narborough Primary Academy»
- Our Learning»
- Fox Class»
- January 2021 School Closure»
- Wednesday 13th January»
Welcome to wonderful Wednesday!
Spellings: ‘sure’ or ‘ture’
Practice spelling words containing the ‘sure’ or ‘ture’ suffixes (see slide 6 of the powerpoint for some ideas). Please don’t do them all at once, 10 is plenty.
Quick Write: 3 __ed sentences
Use the powerpoint below to write sentences starting with 3 ‘ed’ words.
Encourage pupils to practise their times tables by clicking on the link below. This will give 10 questions based around recall of the times tables facts.
- Click on the daily 10 image.
- At the top of the page, you should see 3 ‘choose’ tabs
- 1st tab: Choose level 4 (year 4) or level 5 (year 5)
- 2nd tab: Multiplication, Choose mixed tables up to x12
- Then you should see a range of question intervals at the bottom of the page…try starting with 7 seconds to begin with.
- Upload your score to dojo to let your teacher know how you got on.
You could also try selecting division to practice using your knowledge of times tables to solve related division questions.
White Rose Maths:
Note: this week there are separate lessons for year 4 and year 5 children.
Year 4: Factor pairs
Click on the link below to watch the video tutorial about factor pairs.
Then, complete the worksheet below (Y4 Maths Factor pairs). You could print it off and write on the worksheet, or write the answers on paper/exercise book, but remember to number your answers clearly so your parents can check you are correct.
Parents: I have also uploaded the answer sheet (Y4 MATHS ANSWERS) for you to refer to.
Year 5: Multiply 4 digits by 1 digit
Click on the link below to watch the video tutorial about multiplying a 4 digit number by a 1 digit number.
Then, complete the worksheet below (Y5 Maths Multiply 4 digits by 1 digit). You could print it off and write on the worksheet, or write the answers on paper/exercise book, but remember to number your answers clearly so your parents can check you are correct.
Parents: I have also uploaded the answer sheet (Y5 MATHS ANSWERS) for you to refer to.
These interactive lessons are from the natural curriculum website. Clicking on the links will take you to the relevant webpage. Note there is a separate lesson for year 4 and year 5- if you have 2 children in different year groups, just select either year 4 or year 5 for children to complete. The children need to work through each of the 4 parts (see the tabs at the bottom…1- Learning objective, 2- The Grammar bit, 3- Whiteboard challenge, 4- Writing ideas. .) There is a downloadable worksheet on the writing ideas page for children to complete, which I have also attached below. This can be printed for children to work on, or alternatively children could write their answers on paper/in a book.
Show your teacher how you got on by uploading a photo/screenshot of your work to your profile on class dojo.
Year 4: Direct Speech
Year 5: Direct Speech
RE : How did Hinduism begin and develop as a religion?
Click on the link below to go to the oak academy lesson on how did Hinduism begin.
- Watch the video lesson with Mr Hutchinson to learn when and how Hinduism began and what the Vedas are.
- Complete the exit quiz to see how much you have learned.
Share your score with your teacher on dojo to let them know how you got on.
Music: Bob Marley, Three little birds
Click on the link below to login to the YUMU website. (Children will need their login details).
- Type in your user name and password
- Click on Three little birds (Bob Marley)
- Click on Step 1
- Choose which activities to try by clicking on them (on the right hand side of the screen)
Listen and appraise (hear the song and explore the lyrics)
Flexible games (get up and move to the pulse)
Learn to sing the song (you can choose which part to work on e.g. the chorus)
Signed song (learn how to sign part of the song)