Wednesday 27th January
- Nar Valley Federation of Church Academies»
- Narborough Primary Academy»
- Our Learning»
- Fox Class»
- January 2021 School Closure»
- Wednesday 27th January»
Welcome to Wednesday’s learning tasks!
Spellings: Rule 21: adding suffixes beginning with a vowel to polysyllabic words.
Use the powerpoint below to explore how to add suffixes beginning with a vowel. Can children explain when we need to double the consonant?
Quick Write: Expanded noun phrases
Use the powerpoint below and have a go at writing your own expanded noun phrases to describe the image. (These may be useful for your big write on Friday).
Encourage pupils to practise their times tables by clicking on the link below. This will give 10 questions based around recall of the times tables facts.
- Click on the daily 10 image.
- At the top of the page, you should see 3 ‘choose’ tabs
- 1st tab: Choose level 4 (year 4) or level 5 (year 5)
- 2nd tab: Multiplication, Choose mixed tables up to x12
- Then you should see a range of question intervals at the bottom of the page…can you try a quicker challenge?
- Upload your score to dojo to let your teacher know how you got on.
You could also try selecting division to practice using your knowledge of times tables to solve related division questions.
White Rose Maths
Note: this week there are separate lessons for year 4 and year 5 children.
Year 4: Divide 3 digits by 1 digit
Click on the link below to watch the video tutorial about how to divide 3 digit numbers by 1 digit numbers.
Then, complete the worksheet below (Y4 Maths Wednesday). You could print it off and write on the worksheet, or write the answers on paper/exercise book, but remember to number your answers clearly so your parents can check you are correct.
Parents: I have also uploaded the answer sheet (Y4 MATHS ANSWERS) for you to refer to.
Year 5: Divide a 4 digit by a 1 digit number
Click on the link below to watch the video tutorial about dividing a four digit number by a 1 digit number.
Then, complete the worksheet below (Y5 Maths Wednesday). You could print it off and write on the worksheet, or write the answers on paper/exercise book, but remember to number your answers clearly so your parents can check you are correct.
Parents: I have also uploaded the answer sheet (Y5 MATHS ANSWERS) for you to refer to.
English: Similes and Metaphors
Use the powerpoint below (English: similes and metaphors) to learn about similes and metaphors. Click on the link on slide 2 to go the BBC bitesize page, watch the video and complete the activities.
Then, go through slides 4-9 of the powerpoint. Can you identify the similes and metaphors in the sentences? Can you think of your own similes and metaphors for each image.
Finally, look at the images of a frozen landscape on slide 10. Can you create your own similes and metaphors to describe the setting? (These will be useful for your big write on Friday). Upload your examples to dojo so your teacher can see how you’ve got on.
RE : What are Hindu beliefs about Karma, Samsara and Moksha?
Click on the link below to go to the oak academy lesson on what are the Hindu beliefs about Karma, Samsara and Moksha?
- Watch the video lesson with Mr Hutchinson to learn about the Hindu beliefs of Karma, Samsara and Moksha. Pause the video and answer the questions when instructed.
- Complete the exit quiz to see how much you have learned.
Share your score with your teacher on dojo to let them know how you got on.
Music: Bob Marley, Three little birds
Click on the link below to login to the YUMU website. (Children will need their login details).
- Type in your user name and password
- Click on Three little birds (Bob Marley)
- Click on Step 3
- Choose which activities to try by clicking on them (on the right hand side of the screen)
PE: Personal Challenges 2 and 3
It is really important to stay active. Try the “Catch and clap” and “Tap up tennis” challenges (see word document below for more details). What is your best score in 60 seconds? Let your teacher know your score. Can you go for Gold?