Wednesday 3rd March
- Nar Valley Federation of Church Academies»
- Narborough Primary Academy»
- Our Learning»
- Fox Class»
- January 2021 School Closure»
- Wednesday 3rd March»
Michel Rosen Live session 11 am.
As part of world book week, Michael Rosen, a fantastic author, is hosting a live chat session. (He is brilliant and absolutely hilarious- I’m sure this will be very entertaining).
Click on the link below to join his session. (Note: this is a live session, so will start promptly at 11am)
Spellings: Rule 25: cious/tious suffixes.
Use the powerpoint to revise the rules for when to add the cious or tious suffixes. Then practice spelling some of the words on the final slide. Have you used the correct suffix?
Encourage pupils to practise their times tables by clicking on the link below. This will give 10 questions based around recall of the times tables facts.
- Click on the daily 10 image.
- At the top of the page, you should see 3 ‘choose’ tabs
- 1st tab: Choose level 4 (year 4) or level 5 (year 5)
- 2nd tab: Multiplication, Choose mixed tables up to x12
- Then you should see a range of question intervals at the bottom of the page…can you try a quicker challenge?
- Upload your score to dojo to let your teacher know how you got on.
You could also try selecting division to practice using your knowledge of times tables to solve related division questions.
White Rose Maths
Note: this week there are separate lessons for year 4 and year 5 children.
Year 4: Fractions of a set of objects (1)
Click on the link below to watch the video tutorial about finding fractions of a set of objects. Learn how to use the bar model to find fractions of amounts.
Then, complete the worksheet below (Y4 Maths Wednesday). You could print it off and write on the worksheet, or write the answers on paper/exercise book, but remember to number your answers clearly so your parents can check you are correct.
Parents: I have also uploaded the answer sheet (Y4 MATHS ANSWERS) for you to refer to.
Year 5: Add Mixed numbers
Click on the link below to watch the video tutorial to learn about how to add mixed numbers.
Then complete the worksheet (Year 5 Maths Wednesday). You will need to use your knowledge of partitioning, equivalent fractions and how to convert improper fractions to mixed numbers.
English: Writing a setting description
Use the powerpoint below to find out today’s writing tasks.
You will need your map that you created yesterday, as you will be writing a setting description about that imaginary world. Think carefully about what you want the reader to picture in their heads.
Then get writing!
- Organise your writing into paragraphs
- Choose the BEST vocabulary (adjectives, verbs, adverbs, similes, metaphors)
- Include the senses: what can you hear, see, smell, feel, taste.
- Make sure your sentences are varied and accurate.
- Check your punctuation. CAPITAL LETTERS and full stops are non-negotiable!
I have also included some word mats to help you (expanded noun phrases, fronted adverbials)
Finally, listen to Cressida Cowell reading the next part of chapter 2 of How to train your dragon by clicking on the link below.
RE: How do Hindus express their faith today?
Click on the link below to access the oak academy lesson.
In this lesson, we are going to be learning Holi, which is an ancient festival that Hindus still celebrate today. Pause the video when instructed and answer the questions. Then complete the exit quiz and upload your score to dojo so your teacher can see how you got on.